Sunday, April 23, 2017

Student Juried Exhibition Log


  For this years student exhibition I worked on Wednesday April 5th, for 2 hours.  I installed the labels for all of the submitted works, and helped to arrange the 3D works that were on the floor.  I also installed overhead lights, that were later arranged by someone who is better acquainted with proper gallery lighting.

1.  I didn't find the tasks challenging, they were tedious at the most.
2.  I learned that there's so much planning that goes into a show.  It isn't just the advertising and reaching out, its also the measuring, and making sure the arrangement flows within the space, and double checking everything.
3.  Next time I would volunteer more time, and manage my time in my other classes better so that I could help with the gallery more.

1 comment:

  1. Meagan, what did you do incorrectly with the lighting? Did you see how your mistakes, etc. were corrected? I was disappointed you missed an assigned committed time . . . and appreciate that you recognize this is something that could be improved upon. . . . I know that it is difficult!

    ReplyDelete